Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'll Take Brainfarts for $1000 Alex....



Alex Trebek and I have had an incredibly steamy love affair for many years...mostly in my mind. I faithfully watch Jeopardy! and excitedly answer questions all the while making googly eyes at him. In my head Alex and I banter back and forth and during commercial breaks I often find myself imagining myself on the set.

Today.....Alex and I were having communication problems.

See...more often than I'd like to admit my mind goes on the fritz...up is down...left is right...words get jumbled and fail to connect no matter how many times repeated.

I stared at Alex as he read clue after clue and wondered if it were possible that my brain had been reprogrammed to Chinese without my knowledge. He asked about Billy Ray's old hairstyle that was "business in the front...party in the back" and all I could do was open and close my mouth silently while my 7 year old son shouted out "What is the mullet?"

That was the high point of my Jeopardy! watching today. The downward spiral continued well into Double and Final Jeopardy! and by the end of the 30 minute show Alex and I were no longer on speaking terms.

I learned today that communication really is key in any relationship...real or imagined...and that mental flatulence is NOT sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment