Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Legal Disclaimer.....just kidding!


So...it occurred to me as I was showering today (a feat that can drain me so thoroughly that it should qualify as an Olympic event) that if you haven't lived with someone with MS you might not understand why the simplest of things prove themselves to be exhausting, or how someone might say that their limbs are simultaneously numb and in pain, or why the phrase "You don't look sick..." might incite a riot.

I'm going to trust that when I talk about some of my experiences you'll understand that I'm not complaining about my lot in life, adopting a negative outlook, or doing anything other than sharing and venting.

Why attach that disclaimer?? Simply put....because it seems that any time someone who doesn't know me well hears me speak of these things...hears me rant about the frustration I feel when I can't see out of one eye for no doggone reason other than because that happened to be the way the chips fell on that particular day...reads something I've written in which I've grumbled even mildly...it gets turned into my being pessimistic about my illnesses and thereby making them worse.

Can I trust that with the aforementioned caveat in place I can type freely?? I certainly hope so otherwise this little blogging experiment is quite thoroughly useless...

Let the wild rumpus begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment